Pizza is by far my favorite food.
When it comes to pizza, a lot of words and phrases come to mind, everything from scrumptious to saliva-inducing to sexy.
Self-control is not one of them.
But here is a delicious alternative, one that is high in vitamins and low in carbs, and so easy to make that you’ll have more time to watch Real Housewives or something.
Here’s what you do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 450
- Cut medium to large zucchini in half or in strips
- Dip them in some egg white
- coat them with a mixture of panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, and oregano
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cover with your favorite toppings. I used an amazing smoked mozzarella from Trader Joes for mine.
- Bake for another 5 or so minutes, until toppings are all bubbly and melty
Enjoy. I suggest pairing it with a good Zinfandel. My newest fav is Griffon Italian Zin from, you guessed it, Trader Joes.
They make a great meal with some Minestrone soup, or cut into smaller pieces for appetizers next time you’re entertaining. This should definitely please any of your low-carb or gluten-free friends. Or really anyone who wants something light, healthy, and AWESOME!