I know it’s December now, BUT, this is a good reminder as the warm fuzzies that we felt around Thanksgiving give way to stress and frustration in those few weeks before Christmas.
I believe in counting my blessings every chance I get, so I decided to make the entire month of November a month of Thanksgiving. If December gets to be a whole month of Christmas, then why can’t Thanksgiving stake its claim on an entire month?
So on Facebook, each day for the month I posted something that I am thankful for. Here’s the list, directly quoted from Facebook, starting with November 1st and moving down to the 30th:
1. I know I did this last year, and so I am sorry for the repeats, but in the month of November I like to post everyday one thing that I am thankful for. (The posting on Facebook helps keep me accountable, and plus, I like spreading positive energy.) So today, I am thankful for my flexible work schedule that lets me sleep in a couple of days a week. 🙂
2. Today I am thankful for the cozy home I live in. Every day when I pull into the driveway, I get warm fuzzies.
3. Today I am thankful for the people who work all of those unsexy jobs that make sure that we have power, running water, trash pickup, gas, etc.
4. Today I am thankful that I get to have dinner with my awesome family every Sunday night. ♥
5. Today I am thankful that my “hard day” of the week consists of 12 hours of talking about writing, teaching writing, and Alice in Wonderland. I am blessed to have a job that I truly love.
6. Today I am thankful for those brave women of the suffrage movement, and today I am proud to exercise my right that they fought so hard for.
7. Today I am thankful for Facebook’s “hide” feature– it is really preserving my sanity today. While I welcome political discourse and love that I see a variety of opinions expressed on FB, I have no time for hurtful comments and logical fallacies. Sorry.
8. Today I am thankful for my international students. Not only does their hard work inspire me, but their questions and perspectives challenge me to reconsider, well, just about everything.
9. Today I am thankful that I was raised by such a strong, independent woman. Love you, Michelle Murphree!
10. Today I am thankful that I get to drive the car I always wanted, a black Mini Cooper. She may not always get along with my wallet, but I love love love that car.
11. Today I am thankful for all of the brave men and women, past and present, who have served our country. Thank you, vets, for keeping us safe!
12. Today I am thankful for my good health, and to show my body gratitude, I’m going to treat it to some yoga. 🙂
13. Today I am thankful that I can watch my favorite shows whenever I want on DVR.
14. Tonight I am very thankful to have a belly full of nutritious food. I know that I am often guilty of taking that for granted.
15. Today I am thankful to have a dishwasher. Seriously, how I lived in an apartment so long without one is beyond me.
16. Today I am thankful for hardships that I have endured that make me emphatic to others.
17. Today I am thankful for lazy, rainy Saturday afternoons spent with college football, sweat pants, and my man.
18. Today I am thankful for my loving, hilarious, inspiring grandpa.
19. Today I am thankful for the quality education I received, and thankful that many more will since we passed prop 30.
20. Today I am thankful to have such an awesome brother who I can always count on to make me laugh and teach me something new.
21. Today I am thankful that Cliff insists on having a maid service come a couple times a month to clean. It’s okay to feel a little spoiled now and then.
22. Today I am thankful that I get to spend this holiday with the people that I love all under one roof! I truly am so blessed! I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! ♥
23. Today I am thankful for my second family, the Fornwalts. We make a pretty fun group!
24. tonight I am thankful for heartfelt toasts and opportunities to dress your best! Cheers to Harry and Claudia!
25. Tonight I am thankful that the Zombie Apocalypse has not yet happened.
26. Today I am thankful for my co- Writing Center Supervisor, Beth Saur. I think we make a pretty awesome team.
27. Today I am thankful for a well stocked medicine cabinet and a pharmacy down the street. Suck it, flu!
28. Today I am thankful for news sources like PBS, NPR, BBC World News, and The New York Times that report the important stories in a credible manner.
29. As this month winds down, I am thankful for all of YOU, Facebook friends. Thank you for being a friend… (I’ve traveled down the road and back again; your heart is true, you’re a pal and a confidant…)
30. And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful to have the best boyfriend in the world, Cliff. I am so blessed to be in love with my best friend. Thanks everyone, for putting up with my month of thanksgiving! Love you all!
As you can see, I have A LOT to be thankful for!